Heterogeneous-Memory Storage Engine
HSE is a fast embeddable key-value store designed for SSDs and persistent memory. HSE optimizes performance and endurance by orchestrating data placement across DRAM and multiple classes of solid-state storage devices.
HSE is ideal for powering Databases, Software-Defined Storage (SDS), High-Performance Computing (HPC), Internet of Things (IoT), and Machine Learning (ML).
- Rich set of key-value operations
- Full transactions with snapshot-isolation spanning multiple independent key-value collections
- Cursors for iterating over snapshot views
- Data model for optimizing mixed use-case workloads in a single data store
- Key and value compression
- Flexible durability controls
- Configurable data orchestration schemes
- Native C library that can be embedded in any application
- Scales to terabytes of data and hundreds of billions of keys per store
- Efficiently handles thousands of concurrent operations
- Dramatically improves throughput, latency, write-amplification, and read-amplification versus common alternatives for many workloads
- Optionally combines multiple classes of solid-state storage to optimize performance and endurance